A highly absorbent nappy
- A two piece cloth nappy system (3 pieces if you are using a liner)
- The Fitted Nappy is the absorbent part and the wrap / Cover is the waterproof part.
- 100% bomb proof against newborn explosions
- Often comes with a booster which provides extra absorbent layers
- No Folding Required.
- Double Containment Layer - provides a good fit on all baby shapes.
- 1 or 2 Sizes of Fitted Nappy
- One Size fits most fitted nappies - are available in some brands
- 2 - 3 sizes in Cover / Wrap
- Fitted Nappy - Cotton, Bamboo, Synthetic or combinations.
- Waterproof Outer / Cover - PUL (Laminated Polyester), Fleece or Wool.
A fitted nappy is one where the nappy has elastic around the waist and legs of the nappy which is why it is called a fitted nappy then the cover / wrap goes over the top.
A fitted nappy combined with the correct size cover / wrap could be expected to last around 4+ hours and with additional boosters / inserts should be able to easily last overnight. They often contain runny newborn poo better than other nappy styles including disposable because it uses a Separate cover which provides a second leak guard. They are generally the most absorbent nappies for night times because of their booster layers.
If you are using pre-fold nappies, you can use the same covers over top of a fitted nappy. Also with fitted nappies you only need 1 waterproof cover to every 5 fitted nappies.
Tip: If the waterproof outer is clean when you change the nappy you can keep re-using it over and over again by just putting on a clean fitted nappy.