ECO-FRIENDLY PIONEERS FOR 50 YEARS
Back in 1967 in a garden shed in Orini, New Zealand, the Earthwise story began with a simple purpose to create products that were better for people, and for the world we live in. Earthwise has been pioneering eco-friendly cleaning and personal care ever since. We understand that your family's health is paramount, and that effective cleaning doesn't need to cost the earth.
So the Earthwise philosophy today is simple - if nature makes it, then we don't need to.
Earthwise has pioneered eco-friendly cleaning in New Zealand for over 50 years and continues to look for ways to reduce our impact on the environment.
Environmental sustainability and improving our environmental footprint is at the heart of everything we do. We use plant-based ingredients that are grey water and septic tank safe. These ingredients are also biodegradable, breaking down into mineral and plant material which is better for the environment.
Our packaging is recyclable, and we have started moving our household cleaning range to bottles made from 75% recycled plastic, sourced from milk, water and juice bottles. Since October 2018, we have reused and diverted approximately 163 tonnes of plastic from landfill (on track to reach 200T by the end of 2019).
Earthwise has the largest range of household cleaning and toilet products that are environmentally certified. A member of Environmental Choice - New Zealand's highest independent accreditation eco label, which recognises genuine moves made by manufacturers to reduce the environmental impact of their products.
We take a holistic view to reduce our use of energy, virgin plastic and wastage wherever possible:
- Removed the plastic bag from our laundry powder packaging through the investment in new packaging equipment
- Do not use plastic shrink wrapping on any of our products.
- Dishwasher tablets are individually wrapped in a biodegradable film that dissolves in your machine.
- Shipper cartons are recyclable and made from recycled materials.
- To support our economy and reduce our carbon footprint, we locally source raw ingredients, product packaging, bottles and shipper cartons where possible.
- Our products are made right here in New Zealand too, at our Factory based in Auckland
- In our factory, we have a firm process in place to manage the level of wastage and our waste streams and the large bottles we receive our ingredients in are recyclable. We also work to continually reduce energy and water consumption as much as possible.
For information, please visit www.earthwise.co.nz